Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Don't Tell Them


Don't tell them
i'm scared too death to go back
where it's sucks your life away
just to earn money
you're too tired to use.
Two drinks and you're done
with no joy in tomorrow’s possibilities.
I was lucky to get out when I did.

They probably wouldn't have me back anyway.

Don't tell them
i'm bored to death
making that incessant rackety boom-bash
behind songs no one is really listening too
fast or slow.
They pay me OK sometimes
at least I got that...

When he said 
“Don’t swing so much”
I thought
well then, why me?

Don't tell them
I think of death
we all do it
and wonder what they'll do 
the day you leave.
I ain't afraid
they shouldn't be either.
Just one person left I need to see
before I go.

I can make it.


Ken Owen,   Van Niddy Press,   February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment