Wednesday, February 20, 2013

More Coffee (Choruses for Jack, Part One)



***  #  ***

We’ve’ve got time
or money
but never both.
How come?

***  #  ***

$20 cash
plan the day
on a half tank of gas.
I can make it.

***  #  ***

Funny how things line up
over and over again.
I guess her and I were closer
than I thought.
The same in many ways
some not so good.

***  #  ***

I would never have expected 
this here and now.

***  #  ***

We can send men to the moon
but the setting on the toaster
is never right
no matter how often you fuck with it.

***  #  ***

Morning...still dark...
too much booze before bed 
makes for lousy dreams 
on a restless night.




***  #  ***

The twitch
that comes when you pretend 
trouble ain't there
is back.
I'll call my trouble by a different name
with a different view
in a different light
and see if that helps.

***  #  ***

The girl next door
doesn't cry anymore
like she used too.
I hope everything got better for her
not worse.

***  #  ***

I’m told Little Bobby Lawn Boy
is mad all the damn time.
I don’t know what he’s mad about
but I don't blame him one bit.

***  #  ***

Do you think
for a moment 
every moment?
Try not too.............it's hard. 
To meditate is to find the off switch 
and stop the mind,
to write is to chronicle the chatter.

***  #  ***

The day is free for the taking, 
what will you do? 

More coffee.


Ken Owen,   Van Niddy Press,   February 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment