Tuesday, December 27, 2022

We're Sorry to See You Go


After much

deliberation

I have decided 


that if 

one day

by simply taking 


a few minutes

to fill out 

a short internet survey


I become eligible 

and win

a free limited time gift


of a generator 

or a power drill

or a $50 gift certificate

or an unlocked iPhone

or a brand new crock pot


I will plan to donate 

my prize to the 

honorable but unfortunate


men and women

who have served in 

our country’s military interest


while drinking 

the water

at Camp LeJeune


as a way

to honor their

strength and perseverance


which are the very attributes 

I now lack after many months 

of unsubscribing from mailing lists


all the while knowing

that the unsubscribe ritual 

doesn’t seem to do anything


but ruin the enjoyment 

of my first two cups 

of morning coffee


and reaffirm my suspicion that

these websites aren’t the least bit 

sorry to see me go



Ken Owen   December 2022

Van Niddy Press

No comments:

Post a Comment