Thursday, May 8, 2014

To Dream (That Picture of You)



I dreamed myself
into that picture of you,
it was me
you were looking at,
and those smiling eyes
were telling me 
everything I needed to know
without words.

I dreamed myself
into that forest painting
where light bathed the church of nature
in silent serenity and calm beauty
as I walked in cool waters
and touched everything 
with the hand of God.

I dreamed myself
into the life of the beggar
whose head stays bowed
in the shame of his failings
so I could share his sufferings
and know the distance between us
is not so great.

I dream myself
away from this place
in search of magic and mystery 
amongst the visions
so I may know
comfort from my days
of lonely dreaming.


inspired by Amy Johanna Stenberg


Ken Owen   Van Niddy Press   May 2014

2 comments:

  1. Ken, This is a lovely poem....one of the very best I have read of your work. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your nice feedback. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete