Friday, July 5, 2013

Aubergine


I roamed the distant land of Aubergine,
with rolling hills of luscious vine
and valleys long serene,
as I searched to find 
the meaning for my time.

My suffering carried the weight of the Calvary Cross,
up twisted roads without rest
past once grand views now lost,
as I tried my best
to understand life’s test.

I found a fancy nest of memories,
with paintings of forgotten times
scattered like faded leaves,
with song and wine
I mourned things left behind.

False reflections gleamed from natures window,
our place at life’s lush banquet
when you swore I held your soul,
I must learn to forget
lost love's regret.

All I know now of this Glory Land,
where morning fog from distant seas
floats with grace of a gentle lamb,
forgiveness is the breeze
that sways the trees.

I took the long way home from Aubergine,
the winding country road stretched long
like a sleepy summer dream,
with memories to song
I travel on.

for d.b. and n.i.

Ken Owen,  Van Niddy Press,  Sebastopol,  CA,  Summer 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment