Saturday, June 12, 2010

Grateful

Jack misses his owner, and the feeling is mutual.

Been a long while since I did a posting, and plenty of updates for a year half-gone already. I've moved from Fremont to El Granada (near Half Moon Bay) and I'm learning how to be a roommate - something I haven't done in over 30+ years. Thankfully, my roomies are wonderful and have become great friends during my 'transition period'. But Jack had to stay in Fremont. I make it over there as often as I can for visits and long walks.

Being on my own again has been quite an adjustment, but I couldn't have picked a better place to figure out what the next steps in my life should be. El Granada is beautiful and right on the ocean - pretty nice when you can start your day with long walks on the beach while you figure things out! One of my recent resolutions has been to start making time for family and friends - all the folks you've been meaning to call or have coffee with - well, now's the time to show them how much I appreciate them; then, now, and always.

I miss Jack, but my roomies have a very cute little Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix named Bailey who is quickly stealing a place in my heart. I'm using the walks on the beach with little Bailey, and the walks on the Fremont trails with Jack, as a place for my daily reminder of the bigger picture in life and the things of real importance and value: the health and happiness of myself, my family, and my friends.

Or as my dear departed friend John Havard once sang, "I guess that I'm not usually this grateful all the time".

I'm working on that, Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment