Friday, January 11, 2013

Thoughts on a Winding Road


Took the winding road from the ocean past long fields and quiet valleys to the old town that hides in the hills amongst sleepy giants soggy with yesterday's rain. Mud and branches and fingers of water lay across the road at every turn as shadow and light danced on the dirty windshield like a light-show from back in the day.

...at least the car is paid for...

They all think I’m nuts, or lazy, probably both, trying all these different things. “...what the hell is he doing?! Seems to me he’s mining an empty shaft, working a pinched-out claim.”

Drinks at noon on a Thursday, 
why not. 
I see you once in a while now,
but it’s not like the old days
when we tried to build things with great excitement
because we didn't know then
nobody cares.
Now I just get up and move about 
and wait for ideas to come.
Maybe tomorrow.

On the way home I always stop and take a picture of that majestic seascape view you love...I think it should be your forever-spot when you leave.

Meanwhile back at Excitement Palace...

Nice fellow (he’s smarter than you think),
but there will be no big boo-hoo from me
when the man downstairs 
moves on.

What price devotion?

We’ll be alright.


Ken Owen, January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment